Monday, September 18, 2006

Two VERY Successful Debates

My fellow Virginians,

I was at the top of my game today. If you missed the first debate, the Washington Post covered the story more or less fairly for once: I educated Tim Russert on staying the course in Iraq; I explained how, when it comes to fighting terrorism, it is always better to do something than not to do it; and I compared Jim Webb to the French. Most importantly, I put to rest, once and for all, the Macaca incident:



My fellow Virginians, if you don't believe me when I say that Macaca was a completely random word that I made up, let's do a simple test: I want you to clear your mind, open up your mouth, and say the first random nonsense syllables that come into your head. Do it right now.

Now, I'm sure that most of you produced nonsense words--but I suspect that a significant number of you may have produced syllables such as "dar-kee," or "nee-guhr," or possibly "rag-hed." These "slurs" (which I've never heard before and had to research just now on the internet) are bound to innocently and suddenly pop out occasionally. I am being excoriated for something that is completely understandable and excusable.

What's inexcusable is to cast aspersions on someone by exploring their Jewish heritage:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right! I happened to say the syllables "jun-gul-buh-nee!" -- and I sure as hell ain't no racist!

9/19/2006 1:10 PM  
Anonymous vabelle said...

Dear Felix,

I agree w. Anon.; the subconscious it totally unpredictable. I came up with "buhl-shhh", and I'm a lady, not some coarse macaca. If I weren't a lady, I'd show a finger (middle) to Freud.

I watched bits of both debates, and was cheered by your clear wins on both. Loved the boots photo (NYT), too...

9/20/2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no a clue this man existed before today. So I decided to look into what he does for a life. He's working to make the world a worse place to live. He's a bad human.

11/03/2006 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home