Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Reagan Candidate

I want to address two questions raised by a number of confused Virginians, who have no doubt been misled by our liberal media. The first:

"Why is it wrong for Jim Webb to use Ronald Reagan's words in a campaign commercial, but okay for you to use Ronald Reagan's picture on your campaign Web site?"
Answer: Because if Ronald Reagan were alive today, he would endorse George Felix Allen for Senate. Like me, Reagan was a patriot who knew what it took to be a real American. Both rugged horsemen, we shared a love of freedom, faith, and football. I will proudly carry on the Reagan legacy as conferred to me in the handshake above.

"What did Mrs. Reagan mean when she said Webb's use of the Reagan footage was "very negative"? Her letter almost reads like she's never even seen the commercial!"
To suggest that I would make political hay from a form letter denouncing an ad that Mrs. Reagan herself had not seen, is outrageous. In order to clear up this controversy, Nancy telephoned me last night and asked me to release this statement on her behalf:
I, Nancy Reagan, deplore Jim Webb's ad and approve of everything on George Allen's campaign Web site. I consider George Allen to be "the Reagan Candidate" and do not mind his sudden opposition to federal funding for stem cell research.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Vabelle said...

"Like me, Reagan was a patriot who knew what it took to be a real American. Both rugged horsemen, we shared a love freedom, faith, and football."

Dear Senator,

I love the alliterative sound of: "freedom, faith and footbal"; very pithy, thank you.

But you forgot to mention another bond you share with Gipper: the California roots and an acting career. You really *do* seem to be following in his footsteps... With luck, we'll be able to say "for a president, he's a good actor" when you take office in January '09

Devotedly yours,

9/11/2006 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home