Saturday, September 09, 2006

Hunter Pickels: A Real American


Hunter Pickels,
American Campaign Volunteer

My fellow Virginians,

Just checking in to say that Hunter Pickels, the young man who tracks Jim Webb for me, is innocent of the scurrilous charges against him.

It is true that Webb advisor Dave "Mudcat" Saunders clearly, calmly, and repeatedly informed my tracker (the red-blooded all-American boy pictured above) that the event was taking place on private property, that the owner didn't want him to enter, and that the police would be called if he did. But Hunter simply assumed that Saunders was lying. It was an assumption made in good faith.

I will not stand by and allow my tracker to be insulted, denigrated or demeaned simply because he failed to "obey" the "law."

4 Comments:

Blogger sfmike said...

"It was an assumption made in good faith" is my favorite new line. And Mr. Pickels' name has officially crossed over the parody line. He looks like a weird, nerdy Tucker Carlson who's ready to blow something up real good.

9/10/2006 12:34 AM  
Anonymous Vabelle said...

I don't understand why your tracker was hunting pickles at some Webb event. Have pickles been adopted as the official Webb campaign symbol, the way the bananas have been by yours?

9/10/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger outofcontext said...

No, vabelle, I think the point here is that the Webb campaign doesn't like pickles. Probably too reminiscent of a good old-fashioned picnic for those anti-Americans.

9/12/2006 1:38 PM  
Anonymous vabelle said...

You may have something here, outofcontext; it does look like they might be anti-picnic. Actually, I think they're too serious by half altogether. Though it's also true that "life's no picnic", I think life - and politics -- should be fun.

But on the matter of their being anti-American... I dunno.

At first, I thought you were right; there's the Senator, in his cowboy boots -- very American. And there's the upstart, in his combat boots -- not very American and certainly not Virginia Gentleman style at all.

But then... Why do I see monkeys and bananas supporting the Senator wherever he goes? Neither of those are very American, at least not US-American. I hear that South America has both, but the Senator is not running for elections in Colombia, is he?

9/12/2006 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home