Friday, August 18, 2006

Let's start a dialogue

My fellow Virginians,

I know I speak for the majority of you: I'm tired of the liberal media blowing recent events out of proportion. It's turning into a three-ring circus. I hope that by personally responding to questions from the unhinged minority that are up in arms, I can circumvent the media filter and help us come to a common understanding.

From: Wiley [redacted] - [redacted]@msn.com
Date: Aug 17, 2006 5:45 PM
Subject: [no subject]
To: georgefelixallen@gmail.com

George,
your mother is French, from Tunesia. In that area of North Africa, a slur on people of color is to call them a maque, or a monkey. You were raised in that environment. Why do you arrogantly think we don't or can't understand that? In so doing, you belittle our intelligence and deny us our integrity, and that reveals a disturbing lack of compassion and wisdom. You disqualify yourself.

The point is, this unpleasant life-experience of yours is meant to humble you and perhaps encourage you to introspect, to look at yourself, and an opportunity for you to reform yourself. You work for us, and therefore we watch your behavior very closely.

If you can't stand the demons you see in the mirror, get the hell out of public life. Masks and games don't work, any more. Overcome the overcompensating, cowardly and violent bully that drives you, and become a human being again. But it may already be too late...

Wiley

Wiley, if you are one of the minority who may have somehow been offended by the misinterpretation of my remarks--then I have already apologized to you. And I meant it: I am truly sorry that you misinterpreted my remarks the way you did.

But, no, I don't see demons when I look in the mirror. I don't see a coward or a bully. All I see is a good ol' Virginian fighting for what's right. And, once the voters have spoken in November, I will keep fighting for you in the Senate.

Your Cowboy in the Capitol,

Fightin' Felix

PS. If you repeat that stuff about my mother to my face and I will knock your soft teeth down your whiny throat. That's a promise. There aren't a lot of politicians who would put it to you like that, but I'm a straight talkkker. Felix out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous yes, let's do call it off said...

How can you apologize for actions of someone else? You've apologized that they have misinterpreted you. Perhaps you should consider apologizing for using a poor choice of words.

8/18/2006 2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home