Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I ♥ PEOPLE OF COLOR

Some are now saying that I'm part of a wider trend among Republicans who are "out of touch with the changing face of the nation." My fellow Virginians, this is yet another lie that we must nip in the bud. I have supported people of color my entire life:

  • In my youth my father coached football, a sport at which many colored people excel--and no one cheered their efforts louder than me.
  • In high school and college, I'd often compliment them for being studious, articulate, and friendly. And when they'd notice me (I was somewhat of a big man on campus) they'd always smile and shake their heads as if to say, "That George Allen, isn't he something!"
  • Early in my legislative career, I voted against the Martin Luther King holiday, for the obvious reason. (Why single out one man for recognition when so many are deserving?)
  • As Governor, I showed uncommon sensitivity by allowing slavery to go unmentioned in a proclamation to make April Confederate History and Heritage Month. (That's not an easy thing to do--but I did it.)
  • In the Senate, I have voted to cut funding from programs serving disadvantaged populations, because I know that no government program is a substitute for old-fashioned, American, Pull-Yourself-Up-By-Your-Bootstraps, gumption. I will never, ever insult any American child--black, white, red, yellow, brown, or light-brown--by voting to increase nutrition, child care or health care funding.

My fellow Virginians, I think you'll agree that my record speaks for itself. If you send me back to Washington, I promise to keep up the good work for minorities of all colors.

NOTE: The term "minorities" does not include homosexuals. Unlike the color of one's skin, which I know y'all can't do anything about, homosexuality is a choice made by sexual deviants. Virginians of all colors should know that I will not let the gays force their radical gay agenda on helpless children.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When people look into the history they see war, degredation, and misery that is if they blink. But what is also aparent is progress which connects history with the present. Allen's progress with his decisions as an elected official, and his progress with anti-lynching legislation show that he's more than learned his lessons. But when liberals look at the negative of his past they fail to see his accomplishments, his coalitions of conservative progressives and his willingness to make people of all backgrounds proud to be Americans.

9/14/2006 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home